Beet Red Bowl w/ Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
For The Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. finely minced fresh cilantro
For The Bowl
- 1 red/purple/orange carrot
- 1 blood orange
- 1 c cooked kaniwa or quinoa
- 1/2 c raspberries
- 2 beets
- a few cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- Boil your beets for 40 minutes or until fork tender.
- Peel (the peeling should slide off using just your fingers) and slice.
- (You can cook your kaniwa or quinoa while the beets cook if you haven't yet cooked it)
- In a small dish, combine the vinaigrette ingredients (lime juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey and cilantro).
- Cut off both ends of your blood orange. Slice the side peelings off with your knife, and slice into slices.
- Grate your carrot.
- Arrange your kaniwa or quinoa at the bottom of a serving bowl.
- Place your beets, raspberries, blood orange and grated carrot around the bowl.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Pour over the dressing just before serving.