Dark Chocolate Banana Carrot Muffins (Sugarless & Flourless!)
- 4 small very ripe bananas
- 1 c quinoa flakes or oats
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 c grated carrot
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the quinoa flakes/oats, baking soda, baking powder, flaxseed, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the vanilla, egg and grated carrot. Mix to combine.
- Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fill your muffin cups until slightly overflowing (they won\'t rise as much as other muffins so you want to create the muffin top shape before baking)
- Top with more quinoa flakes/oats.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then transfer to the fridge in an air-tight container.