Pineapple & Ham Pita Pizza With Cinnamon Chile Marinara
- 3 tomatoes on the vine
- 1/4 c thick-cut boneless smoked ham, diced
- 1/4 c crumbled canadian feta
- 1/4 c shredded dairy isle mozzarella
- 1/2 c freshly diced pineapple
- 1 large whole wheat pita
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 a chile pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Handful of baby arugula
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Remove vine from tomatoes and add them to a blender or give it a quick blend with a hand blender until they've released some juices and the skin is broken.
- Add garlic and chile pepper to the oil and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the blended tomatoes, cinnamon, bay leaf, oregano, salt & pepper. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place your pita on a cooking sheet lined with parchment.
- Spread 1/2 cup (or preferred amount) of your marinara on the pita.
- Top with mozzarella, feta, pineapple and diced ham.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Top with fresh baby arugula and serve.