Quinoa Apple Stuffed Squash With Cranberry Vinaigrette
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/8 c diced red onion
- 1/4 c chopped apple
- 1/4 c sliced green onion
- 1/4 c shaved or grated carrot
- 1/2 c cooked quinoa
- 1 can coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut your squash in half, scoop out the stringy bits and seeds and set on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper open flesh side up. drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While that's baking, cook your quinoa according to package directions.
- When your quinoa is cooked, mix in the carrot, apple (squeeze fresh lemon on the apple to keep from browning), red onion, green onion and 1/4 cup dried cranberries.
- Measure 1/4 cup of the coconut cream at the top of the can.
- Pour that, and 2 tbsp of the liquid coconut water underneath into a blender. Add the other 1/4 cup cranberries, the red wine vinegar and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Blend until smooth.
- When the squash is done baking, remove from oven and stuff the middle with your quinoa mixture. Drizzle with the cranberry vinaigrette. Enjoy!